It’s easy to spend a fortune every year creating a beautiful yard. These 5 Quick Gardening Tips to Save You Money can help save you money in both this, and future gardening seasons.
- Plan your vegetable garden according to what your neighbors are planting so you can share your vegetables when they’re ready for eating. Often I’ve had too many of one kind of vegetable I couldn’t give away because my friend’s were ripe at the same time.
- Select perennials rather than annuals for your flowerbeds. As they multiply each year, cut them back and exchange with your friends so you both have lovely gardens and save money at the same time.
- Compost your kitchen scraps, as well as your coffee grounds. The end result is much better than any potting soil you can ever get buy from a nursery or hardware store. The price is right, and this is definitely recycling!
- Instead of using mulch, try pebbles or small rocks in your garden as ground cover. This will save you lots of cash since you won’t need to buy mulch in the spring and fall of every year.
- Spend more money now by purchasing better quality gardening tools and you will save in the long run. They will last for years, saving you dollars because you don’t need to replace them every planting season. Same goes for gardening gloves- make sure you buy the best you can afford so they last all season.
5 Things to look for when choosing a swimming pool cover Swimming pool covers come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and general types. There are solar swimming pool covers that work to keep the water warm as well as warm the water using the suns heat. Safety pool covers do just what it says […]
There is immense satisfaction in creating your own garden plan — the satisfaction derived from relaxing or entertaining in the garden as well as the satisfaction that comes from a job well done. A beautiful garden is a work of heart. The effort that you expend in planning and executing a design unique to you […]
Dirt has always been one of the kids’ best toys, so home gardening could just be one fun activity for your children. 8 tips to get your kids to enjoy home gardening? Excite them by allowing them to pick whichever plant they want to grow. Here are some tips to help you make your little […]